Get Expert Legal Counsel to Modify Florida Child Support Orders

Law Firm Newswire



Brandon, FL (Law Firm Newswire) August 2, 2011 – In order to change the current child support being paid, an individual must allege a “substantial change in circumstances”. The Florida Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Program has noticed that requests for child support modifications have more than doubled during the last few years in the Tampa Bay area.

“Many people are requesting modifications not because they don’t want to pay, but because they have circumstances out of their control wherein they can’t afford the monthly child support,” said Brandon family law attorney Joshua Law, who practices law at Osenton Law Offices, P.A. “You want to get legal guidance as soon as you run into a problem paying the support.”

From job loss, reduction in income, number of overnights with the children, and updates in child support laws, the support order amount can be modified to meet the current situation of the parents and children. Florida courts uphold the well-being of the children as the number one priority, and want to ensure that their healthcare, education, and basic needs are being met.

Modifications must be approved by a judge to be legally enforceable. Otherwise, a parent could get behind in payments and face serious consequences. The Florida DOR will suspend an individual’s driver’s license, place liens on real property, and can even issue an arrest warrant to attempt to collect back child support payments.

Florida courts want to see evidence that a significant, permanent, and involuntary change has caused the need for the adjustment of the child support order. “Oftentimes parents will disagree over a variety of issues that this change can cause,” said Law. “Before you ever go to the court hearing, we will discuss the pros and cons of changing the support order.”

Brandon child support attorney Joshua Law is a member of the Florida Bar and is skilled in support and visitation modifications, paternity cases, contempt motions, and dissolution of marriage. He received his law degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School and bachelor of science in business from Southern New Hampshire University.

To learn more or to contact a Tampa estate planning lawyer, Brandon estate planning attorney, or Brandon family law attorney or to contact a Brandon lawyer visit,

Osenton Law Office, PA
500 Lithia Pinecrest Road
Brandon, Florida 33511
Call: (813) 654-5777

[mappress mapid=”57″]

[iframe 100% 450px]

Loading RSS Feed