Changes to VA Benefits During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Tampa, FL (Law Firm Newswire) July 1, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the lives of almost every American. Currently, over 90 percent of the United States is under orders from their Governors to stay at home except for essential activities. Schools, businesses and many government operations have been shut down to help reduce the spread of the virus. The Department of Veterans’ Affairs has implemented some changes to how it is conducting the benefit approval process during the pandemic.
As of March 19, the VA closed all 56 of its regional offices in response to the COVID-19. While this may sound alarming to many veterans, and it will change the way some procedures are conducted, the VA has assured all veterans that those who are currently receiving benefits will continue to do so during the pandemic. According to the VA Secretary, the VA will be “expanding existing technologies to remain accessible to Veterans, service members and their families.”
Some of the changes the VA has implemented are:
* Uninterrupted GI benefits for those veterans who must transition from in-person to online learning
* Collecting all information remotely, when possible
* Informal conference hearings will be conducted by telephone or video conference
* Connecting veterans to vocational and rehabilitation services through teleconferencing
* Providing case management and general counseling services through VA Video Connect rather than in-person
* Providing education counseling through online and telephone services
The VA’s response is an attempt to continue operations as usual. Of course, anytime changes of this magnitude are implemented, mistakes happen. Veterans who require services but are unable to obtain the help they need can contact a dedicated Florida veterans law attorney for assistance.
Attorney David Magann is a Florida disability attorney with extensive experience handling the legal issues that many veterans face. As a Marine Corps Veteran, Attorney Magann understands the unique issues veterans must confront, and has overcome many of those issues himself. Attorney Magann handles social security disability, estate planning, veterans’ law and personal injury law out of his Brandon and Tampa offices.Learn more at http://www.tampaveteranslawyer.com/ David W. Magann, P.A. Main Office: 156 West Robertson Street Brandon, FL 33511 Call: (813) 657-9175 Tampa Office: 18715 N Dale Mabry Hwy Lutz, FL 33548